“成功確率1%”の仕事を”99%”にするたった一つの方法!

確率」の応用編として、今回はビジネスシーンで確率のことを考えてみたい。
たとえば、あなたに命じられた仕事が成功確率1%だとしよう。とても無理だと最初からあきらめモードになるかもしれない。実際、道のりは険しいだろう。しかし、発想を転換してみれば、前向きな気持ちになれるかもしれない。
As an application of “probability“, I would like to think about the probability in the business scene this time.
Let’s say that the job ordered to you is a probability of success of 1%. If it is impossible to do so it may be a mode of giving up from the beginning. In fact, the road will be steep. However, if you change your mindset, you may be able to feel positive.

サイコロの目の出る確率は、どの目が出るのも確率は6分の1だが、6回振れば必ず狙った目が出るわけではない。20回振ってようやく約97%の確率で狙った目が出る。
The probability that a dice rolls out is one – sixth of the probability that any eye appears, but it does not mean that the eye aimed always comes out if it shakes six times. After shaking 20 times, finally aimed at about 97% probability.

同じことを野球のバッターを例に考えてみよう(図参照)。打率3割のバッターが1回の打席でヒットを打つ確率は30%だが、3回打席に入れば必ずヒットが出るわけではない。1試合4回の打席ですべて凡退することもある。ただし、打席の数が増えればヒットが出る確率も上がる。これもヒットが出ない確率から計算すればよい。
Let’s think about the same as an example of a baseball batter (see figure). The probability that a batter with a batting average of 30% hits a hit in a single bat is 30%, but it does not mean that a hit always comes out if you put it in three bats. Sometimes all bids are withdrawn in one bout 4 times. However, as the number of battings increases, the probability of a hit increases. This can also be calculated from the probability that no hits will occur.

3割バッターが最初の打席でヒットを打てない確率は「1-10分の3=10分の7(70%)」だ。すると2打席目までヒットを打てない確率は「(10分の7)の2乗=0.49(49%)」。3打席目までヒットが出ない確率は「(10分の7)の3乗=0.343(約34%)」。つまり、3打席目までに少なくとも1本ヒットが出る確率は「1-0.343=0.657」で約66%だ。意外と高く感じはしないか。
The probability that 30% batter will not hit in the first bat is “1-3 / 3 = 7/10 (70%)”. Then the probability of not hitting until the second bat, is “square of (10/7) = 0.49 (49%)”. The probability that no hits will occur until the third bat, is “(3 / 10ths) cube = 0.343 (about 34%).” In other words, the probability that at least one hit will come out by the third bat will be about 66% at “1-0.343 = 0.657”. Do not you feel unexpectedly high?

そして、4打席目までにヒットが出ない確率は、「(10分の7)の4乗=0.2401」。つまり、4回打席に立てば少なくとも1本ヒットが出る確率は、「1-0.2401=0.7599」で約76%となる。さらに、5打席目まで回ってきたら「(10分の7)の5乗=0.16807」で、少なくとも1本ヒットの出る確率は「1-(10分の7)の5乗=0.83193」で約83%だ。打席に入る回数が増えれば増えるほど、ヒットが出る確率も上がるのだ。
And the probability that a hit will not come out by the 4th bat, is “(4/4) of ((10/7) = 0.2401”. In other words, the probability that at least one hit comes out if it is set to 4 batters is about 76% at “1-0.2401 = 0.7599”. Furthermore, when it reaches the fifth bat, the probability that at least one hit will appear is “1- (10/7) 5th power = 0.83193” at “(10/7) 5th power = 0.16807” and about 83 It is%. The more you hit the bat, the more you get a hit.

当たり前といえば当たり前の話だが、これを成功確率1%の仕事に置き換えて考えてみる。1回の挑戦で成功しない確率は、「1-100分の1=100分の99(99%)」。絶望的数字である。
ところが、同様に計算していくと、100回、200回と挑戦を続ければ、400回ではなんと成功確率が98.20%になるのだ。まさに、「継続は成功への近道」ということが確率から証明できたといえるのではないか。
Naturally speaking it is a common talk, but I will consider this by replacing it with a job with a probability of success of 1%. The probability of not succeeding in one challenge is “1-100 / 1 = 99/99 (99%)”. It is a desperate figure.
However, if you calculate in the same way, if you continue to challenge 100 times and 200 times, the success probability will be 98.20% at 400 times. Indeed, it can be said that probability has proved that continuation is a shortcut to success.

ミドリムシで注目されるベンチャー企業のユーグレナは、創業3年目の2008年に倒産の危機に陥ったそうだ。そこで出雲充社長は出資者や提携先を探して企業訪問するも相手にしてもらえず、ようやく出資提携にたどりついた伊藤忠商事は、実に501社目だったという。先ほどの成功確率1%の仕事の例でいうと、500回足を運べば少なくても1回成功する確率は99.34%で、出雲社長はまさに成功確率1%の仕事を成し遂げたといえよう。
It seems that Euglena, a venture company focused on Midorimushi, got into a crisis of bankruptcy in 2008, the third year since its founding. So Izumo Mitsuru president looked for investors and business partners to visit the company but they did not make it to them, and ITOCHU Corporation finally reached 501 company investment and partnership, he says. In the example of a job with a probability of success of 1%, the probability of succeeding at least one time if it carries 500 legs is 99.34%, and Izumo president exactly achieved a job with a probability of success of 1%

パナソニックの創業者である松下幸之助氏は「成功とは成功するまでやり続けることで、失敗とは成功するまでやり続けないこと」という言葉を残しているが、もしかすると幸之助氏も、この確率を頭の中で計算していたのかもしれない。
Mr. Konosuke Matsushita, the founder of Panasonic, has left the word “Success continues until it succeeds, failing is not going to be done until it succeeds”, but maybe Konosuke will also use this probability Perhaps it was calculated in the head.

Pocket



最後までお読みいただきありがとうございます。

今回の情報が、少しでもお役に立てれば幸いです。
いいね!やツイートして情報をシェアいただければうれしいです。

コメントを残す

サブコンテンツ

このページの先頭へ